• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co Owner of a House

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LC In Need

What is the name of your state? California
I Co Own a house with my daughter's father. He has never lived in the house and has not made payments on the house in 6 years. I have claimed the interest income on my taxes for the last 5 years because I made the payments. He decided to claim the interest income on his taxes for the year 2006. Is this tax fraud? Can I still claim it on my taxes which would cause an audit. What do you do?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? California
I Co Own a house with my daughter's father. He has never lived in the house and has not made payments on the house in 6 years. I have claimed the interest income on my taxes for the last 5 years because I made the payments. He decided to claim the interest income on his taxes for the year 2006. Is this tax fraud? Can I still claim it on my taxes which would cause an audit. What do you do?
I'd claim the interest on my tax return.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">