• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mislead heir

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheryllc

What is the name of your state? guam
my dad is an american and he died in guam. we are 3 children in the family,all residing in the philippines. i am the eldest son followed by 2 sisters. when my dad passed away last january 2,2007 my 2nd sister was able to go to guam to attend the funeral rights. when she got back i have learned from some of my friends in guam that my dad has a last will and testament.when my sister got back to the philippines i asked her what is going on and if my dad has left us something, she said there is none, there is no will and testament. but i have learned from a distant relative who lives in guam too that my sister took care of everything with regard to my father's last will and testament. Now recently i have learned that my dad's estate/property is in probate and is handled by a certain law office in guam. I am denied information about all of this and even minute info like how the funeral went or she even declined to show me the pictures of my father's funeral, considering that i have all the right since i am a son. what can i do to obtain the information that i need and is it possible that they put my father's estate /properties in probate without even notifying me? there were no documents showed to me, nothing..even the developments on the case were denied to me by my sisters. what is the usual procedure for heirs say brothers and sisters ? are they supposed to come up with an agreement or any one can just do whatever they want to do without informing the other? pls help im at a loss. thanks

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? guam
my dad is an american and he died in guam. we are 3 children in the family,all residing in the philippines. i am the eldest son followed by 2 sisters. when my dad passed away last january 2,2007 my 2nd sister was able to go to guam to attend the funeral rights. when she got back i have learned from some of my friends in guam that my dad has a last will and testament.when my sister got back to the philippines i asked her what is going on and if my dad has left us something, she said there is none, there is no will and testament. but i have learned from a distant relative who lives in guam too that my sister took care of everything with regard to my father's last will and testament. Now recently i have learned that my dad's estate/property is in probate and is handled by a certain law office in guam. I am denied information about all of this and even minute info like how the funeral went or she even declined to show me the pictures of my father's funeral, considering that i have all the right since i am a son. what can i do to obtain the information that i need and is it possible that they put my father's estate /properties in probate without even notifying me? there were no documents showed to me, nothing..even the developments on the case were denied to me by my sisters. what is the usual procedure for heirs say brothers and sisters ? are they supposed to come up with an agreement or any one can just do whatever they want to do without informing the other? pls help im at a loss. thanks
You need to contact an attorney in Guam to intervene in the Probate process and in interested heir and that attorney (unless you want to go to guam) can get a copy of the probate file.

cheryllc

mislead heir part 2.

hello thanks for that and as u can see im completely clueless here. since i do not have money to pay for a lawyer svcs , what am i supposed to do now....
and by intervene u mean to get some info and not necessarily contest the probate case, right? is there a procedure that i should do to stop these things that my own sisters are doing to me ? :( :(

tranquility

While there is a proceedure, it takes the skill and knowledge of a professional to follow it. It is possible a person with no knowledge of the law can follow up on your situation successfully, but it would take hours and hours (and hours and hours and hours) learning about the law. There is no "answer" in that a paragraph (or, maybe even a book) can explain everything you need to know.

Get an attorney, get yourself to a law library or get over it.

Dandy Don

You should talk to at least 1-5 attorneys in Guam and you will probably find one willing to help you at reasonable rates. Your primary goal should be finding out how you can get a copy of the will and then proceed from there. Have you done a GOOGLE search using the phrase "GUAM" and "probate attorney"?

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">