• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I'm Confused about taxes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andrewfrank

What is the name of your state?Michigan

Both my parents have died within the past six months. I was living with them to help out/ be a caregiver. I am continuing to reside in their house. My sister ( the executor of the will) and I were put on the deed of the house through a Quit Claim. My sister has told me that I am responsibel of the taxes because I live here. I am under the impression that we both are responsible. I just need to know which is true. I also have a question about having another relative moving in to the house. This person will not be paying rent and will not have presumed rights to the home. My sister has said that this other person can not move in because it will mess with the will. I am really confused and frustrated. Any Suggestions or help would be great.

Dandy Don

Get a copy of the will to see what it actually says.

And look at the quitclaim deed. If both names are on it, then both are responsible for the taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">