• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Assault after being drugged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordanj

In Canada

Two nights ago I was out at a bar with some friends. I had been drinking for a few hours but I was not 'drunk'. I appeared to have blacked out and woke up in the drunk tank at the police station the next morning. Before the officer released me I was asked numerous times what kind of drugs I had been on. I was then told I was being charged for mischief under $5000 and assault, for attacking a cab driver and his cab. The officer told me that I appeared to have been on extacy. After I tried explaining that I had not taken any drugs, the officer said that I had probably been drugged.

The arresting officer told me I would probably not get a criminal record out of this, just some community service.

I thought I would mention again that I do not remember any of this happening, and the entire ordeal occured blocks away from where I had been with my friends. As I was being released I asked the officer if the cab driver had been injured, and I was told he was fine. I later learned he continued working right after I had been taken in.

I have never been in any trouble with the law, and I do not do drugs. I have court in 4 weeks and I do not even know where to begin to take care of this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">