• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Identity Theifs Possibly targeting New Renters

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bwood1221

What is the name of your state? NV

Hi everyone I have a question and would love feedback from anybody who is willing to listen. My family and I recently moved into a new rental house about 45 days ago or so, and shortly after we were in the house, there were times someone eles mail was in our mailbox, we chalked it up as ya know new rental maybe the previous renters.
Then I started noticeing more and [/B][/B]more for this same person, So I informed the morgage company were renting from and told them the name of the person and he tells me there has never been a person by that name living there, before us the orginal owners of the house lived there and thats who we still actually pay the rent to hes just the middle guys sorta speak, So I put a note in our mailbox informing our mailman that only mail for us should be left no body eles lives here.

Then a real werid thing happened, I go and pick up my husband from work every day the same time 3:00 pm and my kids come home from school around 3:30 or so and they are to call to let us know there at home. anyways my children were always taught never to open the doors to ANYBODY if my husband or myself are at home, and our son called when he got home and then about 10 min later he called again and told me that UPS had just knocked on the front door, and when looked out the peep hole he noticed that the driver had left two fairly large boxes at the side of our door, and he asked should he go outside and get them,
I told no, just leave them there until his father and I came home, because neither one of us were expecting anything.
Well my husband and I got home about 25 min after our son called, and when we got there, I asked my son "Were are these boxes at" My son said they were sitting right by the door. Well needless to say they were no longer there.
Then about 1 week later the same thing happened again. And now just the other day, Fedex came to the house in the midmorning and I was home this time and when I opened the door there were two boxes on the ground and he tried to have me sign for them, but when I look at the address lable It was our address but the name one the lable wasnt us, so I told the driver thats not mine and I wouldnt sign for it, I told him to send it back to the shipper.
He said to me he cant do that I would need to contact the shipper and have them make arrangments to have the items picked up. So the driver said because I wouldnt sign for it he was going to log is as showing "Delivered left at residents front door"
So I left the packages outside and called the shipper to tell them there was a mistake, the item werent not ours, so they had Fedex p/u the boxes the following day.
But then AGAIN three days later UPS must of came I dont know what time because they never even knocked on the door, I was getting ready to leave and AGAIN there was a LARGE box that appeared to of been a dining room table from the picture on the box,
I AGAIN went in called the shipper and told them what I had told the other place, It wasnt ours, So I then called UPS and talked to customer service and explained the situation and They tell me they would send a driver to pick it up.
Well I waited for our driver to arrive and I told him that this has happened before and the names on these packages were all the same but there was nobody here by that name, but the address was indeed correct.Then he tells me that he has delivered LOTS OF packages for that person here in the 3 weeks or so, and that he has been leaving them outside. I about died!!!!!!!!!!! Because we only had know about those three, he says "oh god no there has been a hole bunch"
Then he asked me if I seen the 5 packages he had left in our backyard about a week before, and I said NO,
Well at now my husband and I thought ok whats the hell is going on here. So my husband deadbolted our backyard gate and he installed a camera outside pointing at the front door, and we decided if anything eles gets delivered well try and catch who or what is happening to these packages. But sadly enough no more packages have been delivered as of yet, and probably wont be now that UPS and Fedex knows the person with that name doesnt live here. we probably should of waited before calling them so they perhaps would of delivered more, then we could of caught who or whatever was happening here.
So Im kinda concerned on the hole situation, cause SOMEONE clearly took those packages and as far as Im concerned knew they were coming and maybe waited for them. So should my husband and I be worried about anything. Because of the rising rate of this Identity theft stuff I here about all the time.And because they say they dropped them off at our door.

Thanks for listining
signed worried and pissed!![/b]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AlanShore

Call the police. Tell them whats going on. Or what I would do go to
http://www.usps.com/ncsc/locators/find-is.html

Its the website for the United States Postal Inspection Servce. They are like the FBI of mail. Put in your zip code and it will give you the number for the nearest office. Call them and explain to them the situation.

Last edited:
L

LegalWithAnI

Here's whats going on.

Someone has been using your address as a drop-house. Its basically were criminals send there packages then they just walk up to the house and pick it up there. Usually they use vacant houses/apartments. But what probably happened was they had packages shipped to your house when your house was still vacant and there just now getting there.

Whats in the packages?

Usually when My friend who we'll call SWIM(Someone Who Isn't Me) uses drop-houses its usually because he bought the items online with a stolen credit card.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">