• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Golf Club Co. won't refund me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

m1twitty

On 5/15/00 I purchased a set of custom golf clubs on a trial basis. The company offered a 100% buy back period within 45 days of arrival. I tested the clubs didn't like them so I sent them back within the alotted time. I was told that as soon as the company received the clubs back my credit card would be reimbursed. The company has had my clubs since Sept. and still no reimbusment. I have made numerous calls to the company with no success. I've been getting the runaround! Excuse after excuse! I filed complaints with the BBB and the Attorney General's Office of California. The BBB has written the company twice with no response. One of my dilemmas is that I live in North Carolina and the company is in California. I don't where to go from here. Does anyone have some advice?

M

mkt

Did you pay on a credit card? If so you can contact your credit card company and let them not what the situation is, and they will investigate, if found that the Golf Club company is in the wrong, your credit card company should credit back your purchase and go after the Golf Club company.
Check with your Credit Card Company first.
This happened to us once.

M

m1twitty

The credit card company said they can't help me because 60 days had expired from the date of the charge which was on 5/15/00. I didn't even receive the clubs until 7/14/00. Then I had 45 days to test them. The clubs eventually made it back to the company on 9/28/00.

M

mkt

Do you have all your documentation, meaning did you send the golf clubs back certified mail where they had to sign for them.
They are obviously in the wrong but are being crappy about holding on to your money. You need to call and talk to a supervisor and tell them that your in the process of sueing them because you have all documentation to prove them wrong and they will end up paying all attorneys fees.
Try that.
Or get a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">