• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement in wrong name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

georgesch

I got a title search done on my house and found out that there is a civil judgementon my house in my name.It is not me how do i get it off .

HomeGuru

Contact the title company and demand that the judgement be removed. They will ask for documentation such as name, address, SS # etc.

JETX

Question: How can you have a judgment against you, in your name, but have it NOT be you???? Is there someone else running around using your name???

Do you mean... "I am/was not aware of this judgment??" If this is the case, contact the court (or the creditor) and ask them for the facts of the case. If the judgment is truly not yours, then ask the creditor to release the lien that he has put against YOUR house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">