• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Schedule C/form 8829

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

enordy

What is the name of your state? CT

My wife's has a home-based business with a qualifying home office (married, file jointly) - we sold our home and purchased a new one in mid-2006.

Is it acceptable to file two Form 8829s (one for each office) attached to the same Schedule C?

Thanks for your responses....

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CT

My wife's has a home-based business with a qualifying home office (married, file jointly) - we sold our home and purchased a new one in mid-2006.

Is it acceptable to file two Form 8829s (one for each office) attached to the same Schedule C?

Thanks for your responses....
I wouldn't file two forms, I would average the information and file one. Others may respond differently.

However, I hope that you dealing with the home office situation in terms of the sale of your previous home. You will have to deal with depreciation recapture issues. You may want to use a tax professional this year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">