• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need HELP!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tigger4dollface

What is the name of your state? Ohio . I live in Ohio and was receiving SSI. My husband and I worked together on a live on job site I ended up having to repay benefits which i was doing for working and receiving benefits I got injured and was no longer able to work here . We were looking to buy a home and move well when I got hurt our marriage started falling apart. I was at this time living with my daughter and her family. He bought the home in another City but was the only person that was willing to travel to make sure I was able to get to my Doctors appointments . Here to find out a Special Agent from Social Security came to my residence and was ?.ing another tenant about me since I was away at the doctors. I called her back and she met with me and stated I was Breaking the Law that she says I was in a marriage with my husband since I stayed at his house at times so he would not have to travel 5 hours each time to get me to my appointments. Well she said it could take 1-2 months before I find out if I am going to be prosecuted or not. I have talked to 1 Lawyer she told me I should do nothing to wait to receive a letter in the mail. Well I talked to another Lawyer and he told me I would be arrested to get ahold of the Agent and tell her that I want her to go ahead and be arrested in order to receive a lower bond. Can someone Please advice me on what the real realization on how this works is . What can I expect to happen.
Thank You For any Help

seniorjudge

called her back and she met with me and stated I was Breaking the Law that she says I was in a marriage with my husband since I stayed at his house at times so he would not have to travel 5 hours each time to get me to my appointments. Well she said it could take 1-2 months before I find out if I am going to be prosecuted or not. I have talked to 1 Lawyer she told me I should do nothing to wait to receive a letter in the mail. Well I talked to another Lawyer and he told me I would be arrested to get ahold of the Agent and tell her that I want her to go ahead and be arrested in order to receive a lower bond. Can someone Please advice me on what the real realization on how this works is . What can I expect to happen.

Clear up exactly what it is they think you did wrong.

Tigger4dollface

She said she was investigating me for I think 4 years and that I was collecting SSI while I was married to my husband. She stated we could not stay in the same house even if in seperate rooms while I was collecting . She I guess is stating we were not seperated. She never showed me anything just asked me questions while another agent wrote. Then stated she would make up her report and send it to the prosecuter to see if they want to prosecute. I am very confused.. I do not feel I wass in a relationship with the man I am married to since I was living at my daughters I took clothes to and from his house when I had to stay there to get to the Doctors or when he was out of town. I did find out though I will owe money back I had an attorney for Workers Comp. When I started getting my Temporary total again I contacted his office to see if I needed to turn this in to SSi the attorneys Paralegal did not know she stated she would talk to the attorney and that it would be handled which I never heard anymore from them on this so I thought this was all okay. Well in the mean time I releaved him and got another attorney for my workers comp. So I thought this was all okay. Which I stated to The S.A. I was willing to pay back any money that I may owe on that

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">