• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

marajuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Petey

I am 22 and live in Florida. i was just arrested for poss of 1.5 grams and poss of paraphenalia. i have no prior adult record but i do have a charge of poss of paraphenalia when i was 16. I was arrested but i did not go to court and the charges were dropped. Can the DA pull my juvenile record and use it against me in court? Where can I go to view my juventile record and see if these charges were even listed? Is it standard procedure in a case like mine to offer a plea(fines, drug tests, etc.)instead of probation? Will they offer me a plea at the arraignment or will I have to go to court? How many times will I have to got to court before I am done? I have talked to people who have gone to court 3 and 4 times? Is there any way to accept a plea without having to be seen in court? When I go to my arraignment, if I want to accept their plea, do i plead guilty, no contest, or innocent?

racer72

Once you turned 21, your juvenile record is history except in cases involving sex crimes or class 1 felonies (murder etc). All you face is a misdemeanor drug charge, you will be required to appear in court, state your case and at the worse will have a fine. This is really no worse than a traffic ticket except for the mandatory court appearance. An option may be to go to the prosecutors office and make a deal there. They may accept a guilty plea and agree to a fine amount. You will not have to appear in court and the DA will enter your plea and fine arrangements.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">