• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tax and Stock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sg74

Hello folks!! I am hoping somebody can advise me on this matter. I work for a company that has a subsidiary in Singapore where I used to work between 2000 and 2003. I got transferred to CA in 2003. While in Singapore I was given stock options and participated in ESPP. I sold some of these stocks and ESPP shares in 2006 while in the US. Do I have to pay tax in the US? Appreciate your response.

LdiJ

Hello folks!! I am hoping somebody can advise me on this matter. I work for a company that has a subsidiary in Singapore where I used to work between 2000 and 2003. I got transferred to CA in 2003. While in Singapore I was given stock options and participated in ESPP. I sold some of these stocks and ESPP shares in 2006 while in the US. Do I have to pay tax in the US? Appreciate your response.
Are you a US citizen or resident?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">