• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fathers will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garodell

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvaia

My father had passed away on March 11th 2004. My sister had his original will changed in Feb. of 2004 while he was in a home with an illness that we knew was going to take his life. The others in my family was upset that the home and all the contents was left to her. She was the power of attorney and took everything for herself somehow. My question is there a statute of limitations for contestment in our state of Penna.What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Why have you waited so long to check into this?

You need to be consulting a family law attorney/elder financial abuse attorney to find out if your state has laws against abuse of POA which would be easier to file charges against her and win your case, rather than contesting which will cost thousands of dollars. Your case for contesting is stronger if you know where the original will is or who wrote it (the attorney, perhaps) and if father was taking medications or suffered from a disease that may have influenced his judgement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">