• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Brother used my name when cited.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racer72

Last August, my brother was cited in Tacoma, Washington for illegal drug activity. He was just given a citation and told to report to court in October. He showed up in court, admitted guilt and signed papers saying he would pay a $250 fine. But he used my name instead of his because he had warrants out at the time. Yesterday I received a notice from a collection agency trying to collect the $250 and that they would garnish my wages if it was not paid in 45 days. I went to the court house this morning and have a hearing in two weeks for an identification hearing. The officer that cited my brother will be required to attend for positive ID. Even though my brother is in state custody at this time, he will not be required to attend. I am 5 inches taller and 75 lbs heavier than my brother so getting my name off the citation should be no problem. My questions are: 1. Can I have the file with my name destoyed or removed when this is cleared up. I have never been arrested or even had a traffic ticket and I really don't like the idea of having a police record even though I have done nothing wrong. And 2. How can I make sure this never happens again. My brother has tried to use my name in the past but they have always caught him in a lie. About 10 years ago I even had a cop show up at my door at 2 am to verify my identity. My greatest fear is that one day I will be falsely arrested for something he did. I am a youth coach and my job requires random drug tests. It just seems there ought to be a way that this will never happen again. Thanks for any help.

racer72

And there is more!!!!!!!!

Went to court to have my name cleared. After explaining to the judge why I was there, his assistant looked at me and told me that I am in jail. My brother has used my name at other times and is now sitting in jail under my name. Instead of dismissing the charges against me, the judge just ordered them amended to show my brothers name. And because of a Washington state law, I cannot have the police record with my name thrown out. I had to go to the county court (Pierce County has my brother in jail, todays hearing was for the city of Tacoma) and see what I can do there. I was told that they know it is my brother not me in jail and that I should not worry about this. Also stopped at the Pierce County Sheriffs office to see if they could help. I was told that if I was stopped for a traffic violation, records will show that my brother is using my name as an alias and that I could be arrested till I was able to prove who I am. I now have an appointment next week to see an attorney about clearing my name and I was told this could cost me up to $2000 to clear up. For someone that has never come close to being in any kind of legal trouble this sure sucks.

T

t.brown

Listen racer you study law ,this defies the constitutions and spits on the dead who gave their lives to the spirit of a free republic not the letters on a page. I tried using my sisters name once it is almost impossible not to catch such an error when obviously he didn't show ID! So you rip them a nice little hole so they can pu;ll their heads out This is con duct showing blatant disregaurd for a person whois known to be innocent,well serves you all right for deserting us drug users under the pretense (specious as it is)we deserved it!You think it would be obvious that only so many losers can be reformed or PUT AWAY before there is no more lefgyt and now you all got that big standing army youINSISTEDon giving you virginity too !Its never a good idea to let someone be traeated to a different standar of law than you yourself want imposed.But I'll stand by you reguardless because UI think this is punk of themlike lucy and ethel working at the chocolate factory shoving **** in their mouths and trying to look casual I got a city of sea to put in its place on the 13th they run atight ship compared to tacI say this noone is above the law

T

t.brown

and what I find untenable is that they want respect!Not until they can do a better job ,They act like I would !but I have only an 8th grade education and I am a blond and I do visit the apothcarist regularly and you can anticipate SOME oversights&grievous character flaws in my case.They wonder why I do not WANT to be CLEAN AND SO BORED!like they are on to somthing good here? LOOK AT THEM!they have a creed that fits on a bumper sticker.While they're putting the Im in prIMe tIMe. Im gonna be sitting home researching my nations history .the framers in order avoid the sins of those before us philosophers kept alive a treasure,lifes path is a judgement call there is no way to legislate right and wrong /good and bad if they do the premise is mumbled.and its untennable in time. EVERYONE HAS TO PLAY BY THE SAME RULES!when my mistakes cost YOU;or potentially could cost you your freedom Im out of line.the protection given judiciary is to promote resistance to congresss and the executive power.
I've never dreamed suing someone for somthing I willingly ingested and who decided the government needs to decide for me.Why do I have to surrender my most precious and only possession of worth and the source of all my happiness my ability to choose.. staying seperate and at odds is a reality of who we are perhaps?> is this a problem because They have nothing I want but their cooperation learning to operate in syncronicitous manner ; and yet people are stupid and want ciggerette company's punished? for what?like you didnt crave those nasty sticks and as if anything could have stopped you?how about the radon Who put that there?It is the second leading cause of lung cancer!For Gods sake check out your toothpaste tube,if you swallow some undisclosed amount you must call poison control;ANDthe stuff tastes good for KIDS!get those billboards causing kids to brush and swallow tooth paste fixed.Too busy to pay attention and too overwhelmed to face the dangers all around so they feed you fear and yougive them your freedom and wonder why the crime rates not falling?Note;they nevert know what causes crime rates to go up but cops try taking credit when it drops 2%Sorry but this system and its flunkies have little to give me but time to come up withj some way to assist one man does not bow to other men only his gods or a tyrant need be accomadated and petitioned like that.look whatt you went through
they do not have any buisness making sarcastic remarksconcerning jail status a remark like that resembles a veiled threat and shows contempt for you as well ascontempt for their office they must protect our right to that which nature in her unfair and fickle manner shall allow;It has always been the king or emporer who wouldshield the innocent from abuse and protecting from false arrest is not a game or a fairy tale it is their duty!They used teir entrusted office sworn oaths to secure conviction which in fact were false ; falsly swearing is considared the same offense as perjury in an intetional desire to harm when the truth was easily obtainable and the harm affects an innocent person.Our state constitution warns us to return to basic principles put into article 1 of our document of supreme state law.They think you'll take this kangaroo court cornswaggle! You know why ?because you always let them do it!The bill of rights was for people to acknowledge NOT LEARN OR DISCOVER what intention that right implys.what of mans circumstances if he had no government to force him to slavrey sand the like.We possess free seperate will preexistant to law therefore must not law recieve permission to intrude? racer you would not believe how similar drug dealers and judges are in disposition I was shocked,a good one is precious.say hi later ok?

[Edited by t.brown on 02-24-2001 at 12:12 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">