• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gilcep

i have been threatend by three co-workers in the last eight month. the first time i told my supervisor and he did not do anything about it.the second time i told H.R. and he was written up for it.my supervisor apologize for the incident.i told him i was still upset about the first incident.during the time this was going on i was talking to the plant manager and he told me that this employee should be fired but i think my supervisor talked him out if it.the third time this happen was two day ago. this time i have witnesses on what happen and not only that,he did it in front of my supervisor.he told me that if i had a problem we can take this outside.my supervisor told him not to say that or he could be fired.now this employee is telling other employees that he was written up for the incident,but my supervisor did not tell me or apologize.

tell me what can i do about this because my supervisor does not take these threat seriously.this is my life that is being threaten. should i make this a legal matter.i should tell you this is a major corporation that is known all over the world.i live in texas

[Edited by gilcep on 01-11-2001 at 10:20 PM]

B

buddy2bear

If this person is threatening to physically harm you, you should go talk to a court commissioner and see about prefering charges for assault and/or assault by threat, if your State has such.

Your employer is obligated to provide a safe & healthy workplace. There are too many people being killed by co-workers at their places of employment to have an employer ignore what is happening. Please, at least, call a labor & employment attorney and see what steps he suggests you take against your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">