• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

out of prison,didn't file taxes.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

watertrucker

What is the name of your state? Texas. I did 10 years in the pen. i got out and worked a solid year at this one place. The employer didn't take out for taxes, it was suppossed to be my job to pay my own taxes. I am uneducated and know nothing of taxes. I was figuring on just not paying them and go on with my life. Now, I want to go into trucking. I have a truck and trailer, my brother loaned me the money to buy it. If it weighs over a certain poundage 9and it does) then I have to do a tax filing and pay a fee or so I am gathering. This I am prossumming will "alart" the I.R.S. that I am fixing to make money with the truck and will be paying my taxes on the money I make.
Here's what I am worrying about. Say I file the filing, then the tax folks find out I worked that year in question and that I didn't pay the taxes owed them for that year,then what?Are they going to confiscate my truck and sell it for taxes I owe? That will ruin my life before I even get a chance to get on with my life. What should I do?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Texas. I did 10 years in the pen. i got out and worked a solid year at this one place. The employer didn't take out for taxes, it was suppossed to be my job to pay my own taxes. I am uneducated and know nothing of taxes. I was figuring on just not paying them and go on with my life. Now, I want to go into trucking. I have a truck and trailer, my brother loaned me the money to buy it. If it weighs over a certain poundage 9and it does) then I have to do a tax filing and pay a fee or so I am gathering. This I am prossumming will "alart" the I.R.S. that I am fixing to make money with the truck and will be paying my taxes on the money I make.
Here's what I am worrying about. Say I file the filing, then the tax folks find out I worked that year in question and that I didn't pay the taxes owed them for that year,then what?Are they going to confiscate my truck and sell it for taxes I owe? That will ruin my life before I even get a chance to get on with my life. What should I do?
What you should do is file the tax return, set up an installment plan with the IRS, and start making monthly payments on the balance that you owe. The IRS doesn't confiscate people's property if they are making a good faith effort to pay their taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">