• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting Grandparents Assets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Scooby999

What is the name of your state? Il
My wifes grandparents (91 and 92) live in Illinois but are down in Florida for the winter living with their son. Every time they go there he talks them into giving him more money with lies. This time he said he needed $10,000 to take them on a trip to Tennesse. My wife and myself have been help them for the last four years and are afraid he will take all their money by the time they pass and leave nothing for my mother-in law. Grandpa has dementia and Gramma is sharp but the son cons her. What should we do?

Dandy Don

Get basic details from grandmother about what she wants to happen (who would take care of Grandpa) if he died first or if she died, and whether she or he has written a will to take care of their assets and find out who is executor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">