• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elaine555

What is the name of your state? Fl

Last year I filed for guardianship for my disabled husband. In the process, I had to fired my lawyer for really bad work and ended up with temporary guardianship not knowing it would expired after 60 days. My husband can sign his name but because of a stroke he cant read sentences, cant understand and speak very little which makes it almost illegal for me to have him sign paper such as refinancing the house or applied for equity loan or any legal matters. His appointed lawyer was no help. He had already been seen by 3 independant doctors and confirmed totally dependent.
Do I need to start the guardianship all over like its a new case? Can the court accept to reopen the case?
Thanks

BlondiePB

Ark-Dar

What is the name of your state? Fl

Last year I filed for guardianship for my disabled husband. In the process, I had to fired my lawyer for really bad work and ended up with temporary guardianship not knowing it would expired after 60 days. My husband can sign his name but because of a stroke he cant read sentences, cant understand and speak very little which makes it almost illegal for me to have him sign paper such as refinancing the house or applied for equity loan or any legal matters. His appointed lawyer was no help. He had already been seen by 3 independant doctors and confirmed totally dependent.
Do I need to start the guardianship all over like its a new case? Can the court accept to reopen the case?
Thanks
You NEVER read the court order? :rolleyes:

You NEVER received another notice for a court hearing for guardianship?:rolleyes:

Your ward (husband) went out of the country WITHOUT permission from the court? :rolleyes:

There's a lot more crap in this post!

Elaine555

I read the court order but was told that now the case was at the point that they investigate and see if they will approved me to be the guardian. So I was waiting for the appointed lawyer to file or recommend or whatever needed to be done next... I didnt realized the ball was in my corner and when I talked to her after I got the dismissal, she said she was not my lawyer and wasnt allowed to help me. The whole case was bogus because mainly of the lawyer I had hired that messed it all up. Should have hired another one but didnt know anybody and was scared to loose more money.
Where did you get that my husband went out of the country without permission??? Dont know what you are talking about?

Elaine555

You dont have to help me but you dont have to call me a liar either.....this is the truth.. I am not a lawyer so what am I supposed to know about all this papers anyway. After you burn 3500.00 a lawyer that doesnt help you, its hard to trust anybody else.....

Or maybe you are that lawyer....???

BlondiePB

You dont have to help me but you dont have to call me a liar either.....this is the truth.. I am not a lawyer so what am I supposed to know about all this papers anyway. After you burn 3500.00 a lawyer that doesnt help you, its hard to trust anybody else.....

Or maybe you are that lawyer....???
:rolleyes:

Elaine555

If you are reffering to my comment to the immigration guy about my husband leaving the country that was back in 1987 when he applied for his green card....20 years ago.

I dont know what "PM" is so I couldnt "PM" you even if I wanted too....LOL

There is more to the story but that would be a 5 pages story at least...but my question still remain only to the last part.... all I said was the pure truth

But I dont need any more advices, I found a lawyer that will help me....

thanks anyway.... for all your good comments

BlondiePB

If you are reffering to my comment to the immigration guy about my husband leaving the country that was back in 1987 when he applied for his green card....20 years ago.

I dont know what "PM" is so I couldnt "PM" you even if I wanted too....LOL

There is more to the story but that would be a 5 pages story at least...but my question still remain only to the last part.... all I said was the pure truth

But I dont need any more advices, I found a lawyer that will help me....

thanks anyway.... for all your good comments
:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">