• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paying property taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

habski

My father and his brother have been running their parents (both parents are now deceased)farm for over 30 years now with my Uncle having control of the 50 acres of land. My father has 10 acres. In the mid 80's my uncle told my father that he would give the land to my father when he (my uncle) passed on. Now my uncle has changed his mind and is leaving it to someone else. My question is "If my father has been paying a portion of the property taxes for more than 10 years, does he have some sort of legal claim to all or part of the farm?" Both men live in separate houses on the farm in Ohio.
Thanks,
Lisa

L

loku

Property law

I’m sorry but this is not a tax question. I think you have a better chance of getting an answer if you post your question in the Real Estate forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">