• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for advice regarding addresses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

deathpoet666

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

My current situation is as follow- my boss is trying to sue the company my wife works for.
for personal reasons i am leaving this out but to give an idea it is a resturaunt that obtains addresses and phone numbers. someone called this company to get an address from the phone number they had which just so happened to be my bosses. hes trying to sue my wifes company under a privacy act or something. my current question is does he have a case to sue and if so where can i find the information that shows he has a case against this company. thank you very much for your help in advance

fairisfair

I have read that three times, and still have no idea what you are trying to say. What the heck kind of restaurant is in the business of giving or getting phone numbers or addresses? what are you talking about?

deathpoet666

well

its pizza hut someone called pizza hut then gave the person who answered the phone there phone number and asked for the address they gave them the address. question is is it illegal for them to hand out that information over the phone. even tho this dudes address is in the phone book

Just Blue

its pizza hut someone called pizza hut then gave the person who answered the phone there phone number and asked for the address they gave them the address. question is is it illegal for them to hand out that information over the phone. even tho this dudes address is in the phone book
Why would "someone" call Pizzahut for your bosses address? Who is this "someone" ? And what did this "someone" do once they had the address?
And why would your wife give "someone" a customers address...why did she think it was the appropriate thing to do?

what it sounds like, is someone (the caller), wanting his bosses addresses, called Pizza Hut, pretending to be his boss, Caller then asked to "verify" the address to have the pizza delivered, and they (pizza hut) nicely handed the caller the address.

he's wondering if Pizza Hut will be liable for handing out the private address.

Answer: Ask Pizza Hut's attorney. Whether it's corporate owned, or a franchise operation, the owner(s) should have a decent legal staff just for situations like this.

--Dave.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">