• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

theft allegations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1997bmwm3

i am currently being invetstigated under theft allegations from the pa state troopers. no charges have been filed nor am i currently considered a suspect but the case is as follows. i am being investigated for removing property from a home in which my girlfriends sister was having a liquadation sale due to a forclosure, bankruptcy, divorce. the charges are that i unlawfully removed a set of rc cars. the wife of the accuser made a statement at the time of the sale that i may have what ever i liked and we would work out a fair price later. the husband was present at the time of the sale, but left early. no one was present other then myself and the wife when the statement was made. the gargae sale was liquadating all joint assets to include these items as well.
i went before the state police and made a statement. the accuser has an ax to grind with me for giving his ex wife advice contradicting his best interest. the wife was a prior employee of mine as well that i had to terminate due to conflicts of interest. their are no other parties involved.
i completly admit removing these items but not under the terms of which i am being accused. i removed them with the full authorization of the wife. the problem here is that any key witness[the wife] has a potential negative opinion of me and more then likely will not take my side.
any feedback would be greatly appreciated. thank you

1997bmwm3

the case is open and the witness has made her statement of which i don't know what it was. i could become a suspect.
the question is, what happens next or where does it go from here if the witness also accuses me of this action. unfortunatly i'm a business owner and the accusation is a damaging as the crime and i may have pursue civil concerns if available against the individuals

CdwJava

If you are charged, contact a criminal defense attorney. If you believe libel or slander has taken place, contact a civil attorney about suing her. However, most statements made to the police are going to be protected from most action unless they are knowingly and maliciously false.

If you want to be proactive, consult with an attorney in your locale and see what steps you might be able to take to minimize your exposure.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">