• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor harrassing me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ICUB4ER

What is the name of your state? KS

I recently got a divorce, and as soon as a neighbor that was friends with my ex found out, he started harrassing me.
At least twice a week the police are at my house because "someone" is driving too fast down the street, driving wrecklessly, etc and if they don't live here, they "associated" with me in some way.
The dog catchers have been here three times this week so far because my dogs are running loose, yet my dogs are ALWAYS either inside with me or in their dog run out back.
Three months ago, I got home to find a note on my door from him stating that my dogs had defecated in his yard. I took the note and headed over to talk to him and explain that it was impossible that it was my dogs, he was in his garage and when he saw me comeing he aimed a gun at me and told me to stop right there or he would put a bullet in me. I came home and called the police.
The police came out, took a report, and told me that the gun was a replica and didn't have a firing pin, so no crime was commited.
I told them that it looked real enough to me when it was being aimed at me.
I called the detective that got the case and asked him why my neighbor could get away with aiming a gun at me and was told the same story, it was a replica with no firing pin.
We have 5-6 stray dogs that roam the neighborhood, and he has called the dog catchers and I got 4 tickets for letting my dogs run at large and no proof of vaccinations, even though they are NOT my dogs and never been in my house or yard!
The dog catcher said that he was told by a neighbor that they were mine, so they were mine.
I have been to environmental court SEVEN times in the past five months due to "garbage not stored in approved containers with lids". If my trash cart is full, I put the extra bags in other garbage cans and set them beside my cart for pick-up.
I also had to go to environmental court twice for an in-operable vehicle. Once was because my car broke down and had to wait 4 days til I could get it into a shop for repairs, and the second time NOTHING was wrong with my car, I had just been driving my truck instead, and the car sat unmoved for a few days.
My question is, what, if anything can I do about this guy constantly sending the police, dog catchers, and city officials to my house?
How do I go about proving that he is the person calling in complaints?
I have lived in this house for 20 years and NEVER had a problem with this guy until I got divorced. He used to come over and sit by our pond with us and talk, now he's causing nothing but grief for me!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">