• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question About Brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JoeCS

What is the name of your state? Alabama

i just found out my 22 year old brother is "internet dating" a 13 year old in canada i think hes had phone sex with her,

can he goto jail

should i be worried for him or what,

i mean is it a crime, i know if it was in the us but idk about canada

Last edited:

your brother could be facing jail time if he gets caught.

Since you're family, and I'm SURE you won't turn him into the police for his inapproprite, and disgusting actions - I HIGHLY recomend you talk to your brother, and get him in to see a therapist, or something ... if he refuses, then you SHOULD turn him into the police - hell, you should turn him into the police anyhow. Child predators don't stop preying on children - every time they seek out a child and get attention from them, they get more and more bold, and will continue to do it.

but then again, for all you know, he is talking to a cop, and they are gathering evidence against him.

he needs to be put away for his actions - it's that simple..

--Dave.

JoeCS

your brother could be facing jail time if he gets caught.

Since you're family, and I'm SURE you won't turn him into the police for his inapproprite, and disgusting actions - I HIGHLY recomend you talk to your brother, and get him in to see a therapist, or something ... if he refuses, then you SHOULD turn him into the police - hell, you should turn him into the police anyhow. Child predators don't stop preying on children - every time they seek out a child and get attention from them, they get more and more bold, and will continue to do it.

but then again, for all you know, he is talking to a cop, and they are gathering evidence against him.

he needs to be put away for his actions - it's that simple..

--Dave.

so what law would he be under sense they are in canada

he isent planning to meet them or nothen or what not

Just Blue

Spell check is your friend!!

How do you know "he isent planning to meet them or nothen or what not"? Because you pedophile brother told you?? And I am sure he is very trustworth...After all ...just because he goes after pubescent girl children on the internet doesn't mean he would lie...:rolleyes:

The intent to meet the children doesn't matter, the fact is, he's an ephebophile, his inappropriate conversations with the child are grounds enough for prosecution. Get him help through therapy, or report him to the police. If you fail to do so, your knowledge of the relationship could land you with some aiding and abetting charges yourself.

In todays world, it's not just the predators that are being saught after, the groups that I work with also go after family members who have knowledge of these relationships.

--Dave.

JoeCS

The intent to meet the children doesn't matter, the fact is, he's an ephebophile, his inappropriate conversations with the child are grounds enough for prosecution. Get him help through therapy, or report him to the police. If you fail to do so, your knowledge of the relationship could land you with some aiding and abetting charges yourself.

In todays world, it's not just the predators that are being saught after, the groups that I work with also go after family members who have knowledge of these relationships.

--Dave.
i told him i would report him unless he stopped

he is mentally ill anyway he gets a ssi check, cause he has social issues and bi polar

he told her he cant call her anymore, and wont do stuff with her

and he isent doing anything but chatting normal

im helping him get on new medication

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">