• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Dont Know What To Do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HELP ANYONE

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA, OC.

Hello All. Could someone or maybe an attorney give me some help-advise on what to do at this point? I had just found out per the web that I have a warrant for a misdemenor charge against me from several years back. I was aware of this than and I had showed up at the court to argue it but I was not listed on any rouster and the desk couldnt find me so I had left. In the mean time I had relocated and never knew or heard of it any further till now. This charge is only a $600 bail but yet the web tells me that bail is forefeitable. What does that mean??
Now, My other question is that I have been told that I should go back to the court and see the judge and take care of this in which I have every intentions of BUT my big concern is If I will do that and than be arrested on the spot????? And what would be the prosedures?
Can this be done even though I come in on my own and wanting to see the judge and get it taken care of right away??? Any help or advise would greatly help me right now. THANKS!!!!What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

JETX

Hello All. Could someone or maybe an attorney give me some help-advise on what to do at this point? I had just found out per the web that I have a warrant for a misdemenor charge against me from several years back. I was aware of this than and I had showed up at the court to argue it but I was not listed on any rouster and the desk couldnt find me so I had left. In the mean time I had relocated and never knew or heard of it any further till now. This charge is only a $600 bail but yet the web tells me that bail is forefeitable. What does that mean??
It means that the bond can be forfeited to pay the violation.

Now, My other question is that I have been told that I should go back to the court and see the judge and take care of this in which I have every intentions of BUT my big concern is If I will do that and than be arrested on the spot????? And what would be the prosedures
Pretty simple... take $600 in cash, go to court and pay the fine.

Can this be done even though I come in on my own and wanting to see the judge and get it taken care of right away???
Depends on when you show up... and whether the court is in session or not.

HELP ANYONE

So I Dont Have To Worry About Them Arresting Me When I Come In To The Court? And Do They Take Or Make Payment Arrangments If You Simply Just Dont Have The $600 Sitting Around At This Time?

FlyingRon

So I Dont Have To Worry About Them Arresting Me When I Come In To The Court? And Do They Take Or Make Payment Arrangments If You Simply Just Dont Have The $600 Sitting Around At This Time?
Do not type in all caps. The forum software turns it into the goofieness we see above (which is only mildly better than making it look like you are shouting at us).

Bretagne

You can call your local law enforcement to find out more about your warrant. Hopefully, it is of the type where you can go to the police station and post bond, then they'll give you a court date. When you show up at court, you'll be OK.

You probably can't make payments if your bond is set at $600. That's the amount you need to come up with to get a warrant quashed and get a court date.

You might be able to call up the court administrator in that jurisdiction and ask them more about your warrant. Maybe they can give you a court date and you can show up and speak to the judge about your financial hardship and inability to pay the bond in full.

Or, if you know who the prosecuting authority is, you can call them up and ask them for some information. They might not talk to you. Or, they might be willing to resolve the issue.

Good luck--

HELP ANYONE

I am not shouting when I used capitals but thanks though for the knowledge. And thanks so far everyone for the hints and advice. I just found out that its actually a bench warrant but a warrant never the less I guess. This whole thing has me really worried even though it was for public nudity. Changing clothes on a beach!! Arghhh!! I did contact and finally got to talk with an attorney but he kept saying it was a crime. What ever. I just want this done and dealt with once and for all. Just really concerned that they will possibly throw me in jail for this!! And all of this hassle for $615 just seems ludicrist to me. :eek:

Some Random Guy

I would suggest that you try to work out an arrangement to get this taken care of - with a lawyer if need be. Maybe an agreement for pleading to a disorderly conduct type of charge. If you plan on getting a good job in the future, it would be best not to be convicted of a sexually related offense.

Also, you may want to look at exactly what you were charged with and see if you will need to register as a sexual offender for the rest of your life....

http://gocalifornia.about.com/cs/clothingoptional/a/nudebeachfedst.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">