• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawyer dragging feet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rt11

What is the name of your state? MA

I am the executor of my father's estate, and I have been working on getting it through probate for the past year. I have my letters of testmentary officially naming me executor. I am frustrated because we are at the process of collecting the assests, but the lawyer seems to be dragging her feet. I am having her doing the collection of the assests, i.e. liquidating the stocks, etc. There is no real estate involved. this has been going on for months now, and she does not seem to be concerned about getting it done. How long should this part of the process take? What could I say to her, if anything, to get her to speed up the process? Can I make her accountable to me to have it done by a certain date?
Thanks.What is the name of your state?

tranquility

If you're not happy with the lawyer, pay her for her services and find a new one. As a person who has done the collection of assests many times before, let me tell you that it is harder that you might imagine. (Especially if the Bank or Banc of America is involved. Their rules shift and change with the wind. It is very hard to pry things loose from them.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">