• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help... worried about statutory rape...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chillian

florida

Okay... i met this girl... she told me she was 17... i am 20... it was okay... florida laws state i can be sexual with her as long as she is 16 and i am under 24... recently she told me she was only 15... i was absolutely mortified... i have proof she lied about her age... but... it says here...

http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/sexcrimes.html
Importantly, ignorance of the victim's age is irrelevant as a defense to the charge, even if the victim lied about his or her age or the accused had a bona fide belief the victim was old enough to give consent.

So basically all i can do is hope that she never spills the beans? are you kidding me?! her parents basically don't know i exist... and nobody knows we've had sex except her sister... there is no proof we had sex and i am not going to do anything sexual with this girl until she is legal... if ever again...

Should I be worried? because I am... and i'm looking for someone to calm me down... can anyone help?

Last edited:

Just Blue

florida

Okay... i met this girl... she told me she was 17... i am 20... it was okay... florida laws state i can be sexual with her as long as she is 16 and i am under 24... recently she told me she was only 15... i was absolutely mortified... i have proof she lied about her age... but... it says here...

http://www.richardhornsby.com/criminal/sexcrimes.html
Importantly, ignorance of the victim's age is irrelevant as a defense to the charge, even if the victim lied about his or her age or the accused had a bona fide belief the victim was old enough to give consent.

So basically all i can do is hope that she never spills the beans? are you kidding me?! her parents basically don't know i exist... and nobody knows we've had sex except her sister... there is no proof we had sex and i am not going to do anything sexual with this girl until she is legal... if ever again...

Should I be worried? because I am... and i'm looking for someone to calm me down... can anyone help?
So you waited to sleep with her long enough o verify the laws regarding 17 and 20....but not long enough to verify she was actually 17...humm...Good job..:rolleyes:

If she or her sister "spill the beans" you will be looking at a Statutory Rape charge and if convicted possible prison time and definite life long registration as a Sex Offender...

As you were told on other site you need to end the realtionship now! any further contact will only make matters worse! If she tells she tells you made this bed now lay in it! You might be wise to consult with an Attorney.

chillian

Why would i have any reason not to believe that she was what she said she was? i know what the penatly is... something i need to know is if she doesn't have proof... can i still get convicted?

i am trying to get out of this relationship is quickly as possible without causing problems... the only reason i still talk to her is because i am worried of what she will do... or rather what her sister will do...

i fell in love with this girl and this hurts a lot... but i'm trying to do whats best for me...

Proof? Like what a sex tape? Listen child molesters are convicted all the time with less! Your too damn horny to see simple warning signs of her age now deal with it! You know her age yet remain with her how will that look once someone tells or finds out? Your being a fool end the realtionship and deal with whatever comes next!

chillian

Proof? Like what a sex tape? Listen child molesters are convicted all the time with less! Your too damn horny to see simple warning signs of her age now deal with it! You know her age yet remain with her how will that look once someone tells or finds out? Your being a fool end the realtionship and deal with whatever comes next!
I was not too damn horny first of all... it was just what felt right... there were no simple warning signs... but what difference does it make wether i stay with her or dump her once someone finds out... i just don't need someone coming knocking on my door 6 months later coming to arrest me!

and i haven't seen her since she told me her true age... i haven't done anything with her... i only talk to her through text messages...

look... i'm trying not to get my as thrown in jail... i can't just drop the friggin' girl she could tell her parents on me or her sister could for revenge... do you understand what i'm trying to say here?

deal with whatever comes next?? some friggin cops at my door? good idea!!

outonbail

Your being a fool end the realtionship and deal with whatever comes next!
and you can bet the house that something will be coming next!

There's no way these girls will be able to keep their mouth's closed about this.

WAKE UP DUDE the text messages may be proof in itself regardless what is said! You want some magic wand to make it go away its not! Stop all contact now!! Your being more foolish keeping in contact. News flash if she or someone else is gong to tell they are. How soft do you think a jury is going to be on you if they find out you kept in contact with her after you found out she was 15! what if she states you knew all along! Find an Attorney and talk to him/her but above all else cease all contact! Remember you asked for advice you got it! If all you wanted was a way out well your SOL (#$%& out of luck)

and you can bet the house that something will be coming next!

There's no way these girls will be able to keep their mouth's closed about this.
I am betting on regardless what he does. His best hope to lessen things is to show he ended reationship once he knew! Those texts are not going to help!

Kane

At this point there's not much you can do.

Break it off as soon as you can. Tell her she's too young for you. (She did lie about her age, right?) Don't fall for she'll-rat-me-out-if-I-leave-her. It's a trap.

Be careful what you say from now on, and especially what you write. Remember, "you have the right to remain silent"? That's something you should commit to heart. You've probably already said/IMed enough to convict yourself.

Put some of your money aside.

I'm not saying you're going to be arrested. FWIW, I suspect the vast majority of cases like yours never end in arrest. But you should be ready for it.

Also, start dating girls your own age. You're too old to be dating high school girls.

Jamesspade2

When, and if they show up to arrest you, DO NOT tell them a damn thing. Cops are not your friends. They may be nice, but they will stab you in the back if it will advance their careers.

Now, cease and desist immediately. Stop with the Texts. Stop calling. Ignore her. She may tell the cops, but then the burden of proof is on the Prosecutor.

Remember, all it will take is a tiny little seed of dount to an unanswerable question to make a jury let you off.

And one more thing, if it gets to the court system, don't let the Lawyers and Prosecutors talk you into a plea deal unless it's beneficial to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">