• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Furnishing Alcohol to Minors

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RWOC

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am over the age of 21 and was at a party for a newspaper at a college the other day. There were at most 15-20 people at the party the whole time. At 3AM there were about 12-15 people left at the party and the cops knock at the door saying that they heard there was a party there and they were let in. They ended up writing tickets to everyone at the party. About 6 or 7 of us were over 21 and the rest were under 21. I, as well as everyone else over 21, was issued a ticket for furnishing alcohol to minors. I did not buy one thing of alcohol for the party, I just showed up because my friend was a member of the newspaper and I had no idea that the people at the party were under 21, they all looked like they were around that age. The cops didn't care because they said it was part of the law, they were sort of nice however because they told us that there were at least three loopholes to the offense given. I did a little research and saw that one of the loopholes was if it was at a private residence AND EITHER parent/guardian, legal-age spouse, or one or more specified religious, educational, or medical purposes---This is what was on a Maryland Law Site. Does anyone know how I can spin this to get the ticket dropped? The cop was making it seem like it was so easy to get them to drop the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">