• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hither

I had a court date scheduled for this past Friday in prct10/Manhattan for an administrative code violation 10-133c (although ticket lists it as 10-333c, and I can't find that subsection?). My Grandmother died that morning and I got tied up with that. I called the court offices repeatedly all day and could not reach an appropriate person until 3pm. At that point I was informed that the judge was already gone and that a warrant (bench, I assume) had been issued. I was also told that I could come in on Monday to get the warrant vacated.

Now, is that something I can handle directly or might I run into problems (read: arrest and/or bail) if I show up at 9am on Monday? Does anyone know what the typical procedure is or whom I should talk to right away (PD or prosecuter)?

I have no record, not even parking or traffic tickets. Hell, I've never even been arrested. Should I be sweating this or should it be straight forward?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">