• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Drunkenness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjd5006

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello

I got arrested last night for public drunkenness, I was at a bar with some friends, apparently on of the people I was with got into a fight with a bouncer, i have no idea why. Me and another fellow left the bar and walked across the street to call for a ride, and get something to drink at the gas station. Cops pulled up to us, arrested us on the spot, never was given a reason why. I remained cooperative, and asked why I was being handcuffed, because i honestly felt i wasnt doing anything illegal. They took me to the holding cell, and said when they were called, there was an altercation at the bar (apparently with my moron friend) and we appeared to be intoxicated. i was in no way involved in any altercation, and I was not drunk enough to pose a threat to myself or anyone else. I was not breathalyzed, nor given a sobriety test. They threw me in a jail cell, for 8 hours, never allowed me to call family. I asked an officer one more time why i was arrested, and he said word for word "it looks like you were in the wrong place at the wrong time". When we were discharged, I received a citation for public drunkenness and it stated, "defendant appeared to be under the influence in a public place". I consider myself pretty responsible, and i always accept blame for mistakes i make, but im having a hard time figuring out what i did wrong, and what i should do. I really don't need this to be on my record, im a college student and this wont help me in the future. thanks in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">