• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breach of Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pon1

I have a non-compete agreement with a consulting company in Michigan (We'll call it company A). I left the company last September and, have since had another consulting firm (company B) try and place me at a client (ABC Co.) of the former company A. Company A got wind of this and called me. Company A said "we're representing you at ABC Co." I said "OK" ,agreeing to be represented by company A when I went on the interview (even though the interview was set up by Company B). We then went on talking about where else company A could place me for the remainder of the conversation (good phone conversation, not argumentative at all!). Later, company B called me back and said that company A badgered ABC Co. so much that they cancelled the interview. In my frustration I went to see company A and told them that they blew the interview and, I no longer wanted to do business with them. After our meeting I recieved a letter (from company A) stating that I am in breach of my contract. I rebutted his claims and said that HE (Company A) agreed to represent me at ABC Co. and, that I would not, and have never, breach his contract. Now, I've got a "lawyer's letter" stating that company A will not proceed with "costly litigation" if I sign a letter saying that I was:
a) in breach of my contract
b) Will discontinue slanderous remarks about company A
c) abide by the contract
d) conduct all business and coorespondence with company A's lawyer.

I don't want to sign anymore documents with company A. This is how I got into this mess in the first place! Can anyone help me!?!?!?!?!?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">