• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Credit and Indiana Tax Lien on Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reddog14

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am a consultant and I set up my business as an S-corp in Indiana. Apparently I filed three months of sales tax and forgot to pay them. Then next thing I know the state of Indiana put 3 liens on my personal credit. Is that legit? I know the S-corporation status is supposed to provide some protection of my personal finances and credit. Can the state of Indiana file a sales tax lien on my personal credit, even though the sales tax was for an s-corp?

Thanks

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I am a consultant and I set up my business as an S-corp in Indiana. Apparently I filed three months of sales tax and forgot to pay them. Then next thing I know the state of Indiana put 3 liens on my personal credit. Is that legit? I know the S-corporation status is supposed to provide some protection of my personal finances and credit. Can the state of Indiana file a sales tax lien on my personal credit, even though the sales tax was for an s-corp?

Thanks
Yes, because you are the corporate officer and the signer of the checks. Just get the sales tax paid and that will solve the entire problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">