• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement need help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

r23k4u

please help in judgement matter

All i need to know is this... I let a car go back in 1989, and of course it was on my record for 7 plus years. I noticed at one time it said charged off, now the company GMAC is trying to get there money owed by me 11 years later. Can they do this now? please help you can send me info at [email protected] thank you very much!
rob

my state is NC and my name in the matter is ROBIN LEE MEREDITH. thanks again

[Edited by r23k4u on 01-12-2001 at 11:16 AM]

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

r23k4u said:
All i need to know is this... I let a car go back in 1989, and of course it was on my record for 7 plus years. I noticed at one time it said charged off, now the company GMAC is trying to get there money owed by me 11 years later. Can they do this now? please help you can send me info at [email protected] thank you very much!
rob
My response:

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.

IAAL

JETX

According to my 'sources', NC has the following statutes of limitations (in years):
Open Acct.: 3
Sale of Goods: 4
Written Contract: 3

So, unless you did some action to 'restart' the Statute 'clock', the creditor has no basis for attempting to collect on this debt, since the clock stopped long ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">