• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entitlement to preverdict interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensive07

What is the name of your state? NY

:rolleyes: In pursuing a Lemon Law case, can/does the court award preverdict interest (interest back to when the case was files) on judgement awards for vehicle purchase buyback?

I have a very strong case and it seems like the manufacture is eating up time - possibly hoping that the vehicle is somehow damages or runs up miles there by reducing buyback cost due to the applicable excess mileage rate of 35 cents/mile [notable larger that for overage mileage rate I see in many car leases - this is not a lease purchase] This case has been filed nearly two years ago and seemingly dragged out by the manuyfacturer's representative. At this late time in the process, I no longer see a need to make a notable financial compromise towards a settlement and would like my attorney to additionally pursue interest since the initial filing date on any judgment award.
(I do not believe the judgment award is one of compensation for damages.What is the name of your state?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">