• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing Terroristic Threat Charges?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

U

UserPerson668

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Ok, I found out that some people posted death threats made towards me on someone's myspace journal (They're basically discussing on how they shall end my life.) I have clear and undeniable proof that they are referring to me, even though they do not mention my name, I can still prove it. There are two of them. Guys, I'm really afraid that they will try to do something, so I want to make sure that they are discouraged from carrying out what they're threatening to do. Yes, I also know their exact locations as well. One of them I sort of used to know. I already talked to two police officers about this, and they said that I could file charges against these two culprits. But I also want to get some input here so I can be absolutely certain. Thanks.

Last edited:

outonbail

Certain that I have a case.
Certain that you have a case?

If you can prove your a victim or prove there's a real threat that you'll become one due to these alleged threats, then the DA can decide whether there is a legitimate cause to investigate and/or if the evidence will support filing charges, having arrest warrants issued and finally, getting a conviction.

Of course without the forum crystal ball there's no way for anyone here to know what the hell your talking about since we don't know them, or you, or what their reason could be to want to threaten you, or how exactly they're going about threatening you, or if it was actually the people you claim it to be, or who posted a murder plan that doesn't mention your name.

If the police you spoke to believe you have a case and that there's a good chance you'll be murdered, I have to believe they would have taken some sort of action.

I suggest you go speak to a senior officer at your local police station and ask his advice on the matter. Perhaps he'll steer you to the DA or have a detective look into the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">