• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Quick Reply! Can I get in trouble????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tjp748

I am 19 living in Massachusetts, in college, living with my parents and my 15 yr old borther and 13 yr old sister. I commute to college. Yesterday four bottles of prescription, non-abusable medication went missing. They belonged to my parents. My parents think that I did it, and in order to get their prescription back they need to show the pharmacist a police report. They are going to call the police and try and charge me with theft. I didn't do it, though, and there isn't any proof that I did it. Can I still get in trouble if my parents accuse me of this theft? Will I get arrested?

tjp748

Also, they are going to say I am the only one with a motive to do it, because we have constantly been in verbal fights. Is that enough to get me arrested?

tjp748

Umm I'm not completely sure. I believe there was a bottle of hormone pills, a bottle of medication to go in conjunction with my dads liver treatment, and something else.

Bretagne

Something's wierd with this. They shouldn't have to file a police report to get their doctor to refill the prescription. They just need to call the doctor and tell him/her that the pills got lost or stolen or something. If these are non-narcotic, non-abusive meds, then there's no reason the doctor would be concerned.

becrecca

when i was younger (very younger) i took something from our house and gave it to a friend. turns out it was pretty important to my parents business and expensive aswell. insurance would cover it as long as they made a police report. my parents suspected i had something to do with it (since i was such a snoop when i was a kid) and asked me repeatedly if i did it. i was embarrassed and scared so I lied. they had to file a police report because they believed my lies. eventually the police put it all together and i got into trouble. if i would have just fessed up to my parents they would have grounded me and i probably would have had to work to pay off the item i gave away. instead my parents spent a lot of time trying to work with the police agency to drop the investigation and i had to be on 3 months juvenile probation.

anyway, maybe that will help ;)
it really does pay off to be honest, even if we make mistakes!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">