• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling my car....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carpdiem

What is the name of your state? New York

I sold 1999 Chevy my car in a newspaper listing. The guy who bought it came to see the car. Took it for a test drive and paid me in cash $3000. I signed the title and gave the car to him.
Now after two weeks he calls me saying, the car has a transmission problem and needs to be fixed and it cost $1000. and I f I dont pay for his cost, He would go to to court against me....
Can he do that? I didnt sign anything else other then the title itself. and didnt give any warranty. and car was running fine when I had it. Now am I suppose to be liable for whatever future repairs needed for that car?
Please help!

Thanks,

Carpdiem

Some Random Guy

Tell him to bite rocks. The car was sold without a warranty and the transmission is a 8 year old chevy tranny. Unless you actively covered up any transmission problems, its his problem now. He should have had the car checked by a mechanic while test driving it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">