• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lyn49

:rolleyes:
What is the name of your state? Nebraska

My step-mother began renting theirhome located on Indian land after my fathers death. Probate was not completed until last year and disbursal of lease monies from his ownership of Indian lands was done in February. My step-mother, my sister and I were designated as heirs to his Indian trust lands but I do not know if the house is included as realty. My half sister and I were wondering if we were entitled to any of the rental income of the house.
Lyn49

Last edited:

nextwife

How was THEIR home titled? He and she? And how, if both names, was title held between them?

Depending upon the exact ownership, it may have become legally HER home upon his death and passed outside probate, in which case she could do what she wished with it.

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

My step-mother began renting theirhome after my fathers death. Probate was not completed until last year and disbursal of lease monies from his ownership of Indian lands was done in February. My half sister and I were wondering if we were entitled to any of the rental income of the house.
Lyn49:confused:
Why do you think you are entitled to some of step-ma's money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">