• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

latonya

I was wondering can the police search or seize my car because of a crime that my husband committed? The crime was not done in my car and my husband and I have been separated for about 3 months. Now that the police is looking for him they are coming to my house and to my job and treating to take my car because they saw a male driving it. I need to know what my rights are and what to do.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You can try to have your attorney sort through this mess -- but police power to search and seize what they reasonably believe (and can articulate to a court to get a warrant) is part of a crime. This even includs your vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">