• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer sent incorrect W-2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nhatduongchi

State = California (Orange County)

Hi all,

My company closed last Oct. but they just sent me an incorrect W-2. All of sudden I have a 25% jump in my salary yet my Fed and State tax were lower than previous year. Since the company was close I couldn't contact anyone to correct it. Another thing is I contact all other employees and they were in the same situation. I think the company tried to screw us so that they can write off our "higher than normal" salaries. At this point what are my options? How do I do the tax return for 2006

Thanks for your information

LdiJ

State = California (Orange County)

Hi all,

My company closed last Oct. but they just sent me an incorrect W-2. All of sudden I have a 25% jump in my salary yet my Fed and State tax were lower than previous year. Since the company was close I couldn't contact anyone to correct it. Another thing is I contact all other employees and they were in the same situation. I think the company tried to screw us so that they can write off our "higher than normal" salaries. At this point what are my options? How do I do the tax return for 2006

Thanks for your information
That is a really tough one. Do you have your paystubs? Particularly your last paystub that shows your year to date earnings and withholding?

nhatduongchi

The mistake on my part is I didn't save the paytubs but I can get the bank statement shows how much that I deposited monthly

fairisfair

The mistake on my part is I didn't save the paytubs but I can get the bank statement shows how much that I deposited monthly
Your deposit only shows the amount deposited to your account. It does not show your gross salary or the withholdings, that is of no use.

LdiJ

I am truly sorry, but since you cannot prove that you earned less that what is written on the W2, there really isn't anything that you can do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">