• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dents in hood

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Linzy010

Last month a 17 year old boy jumped on the hood of my 1989 VW cabriolet. Since it was late at night, I couldn't tell if there was any damage, but he said that he would pay for anything that had happened. Well, there are many little dents in my hood from where his hands and knees hit the metal. They are not very noticable, but I can see them whenever I get in my car or even look at it. I collected two estimates and at each place the estimator said that all i could do was replace the hood, which costs around $600. At first i was amazed at hoe much these dents would cost to repair, I tried to find him the best deal. His dad came out to look at the dents last Monday and pretty much just insulted my car saying that it was a junker anyway and if it were a new car, he might consider replacing the hood. Well, I have worked hard to buy my car and take care of it, and I feel that any damage, even minimal, should be repaired at his cost. His dad said that he would not pay for it but he would give me $100 if it would make me happy. I resent that even more than the insults, Do you think that a small claims court is the way to go and if so, do i have even have a chance? Thank you so much for replying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">