• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signed wifes name off a loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

limpy

What is the name of your state? MD

My wife and I have been seperated since Jul 2006. Around the end of Aug we were behind on our bills (cause she did not have a job and would not send me any money to help cover the bills) I told her that I was able to get a new 2nd that would float us until the house was sold. For me to do that I had to have her sign her name off the old 2nd. Cause she moved out of the state she told me to go ahead and sign her name to it. I did..(stupid but it was that or lose the house) I got a new 2nd with out her name on it and everything was fine I was never late on any of our bills and kept everything current until we sold the house. Now she is saying that I forged her name on the papers and she did not say I could. I did but only because she said I could.. Now what kind of trouble could I get in if she wants to press charges. I read that it is looked down on if she had harm done to her in anyway. If anything I kept our credit perfect.

Again what kind of trouble could I get in for doing this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">