• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Negligent police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

user112

Hi, I live in California and someone I know (who also lives in California) has had her house vandalized over three times now, among several other incidents. When her garage blew up, it took police nearly an hour to come and investigate. It was really serious; the garage door was blown outwards so badly that it was barely hanging on by a wheel. There have been about three or four incidents where people threw rocks at their front window. There was also a burglary, and a lot of valuable things were stolen. Someone just threw a rock at a window in front of their house again about three hours ago, but this time, the police didn't bother coming. They just called for a verbal report. To be honest with you, the city that they live in is rather.... vacant. Sort of in the boonies. In the middle of nowhere. Basically, what I really need to know is what can we do about the police, who don't seem to care much about anything that's been happening. I really don't see what the police could do about it, but it's the lack of effort that really gets to me. It took them so long to arrive to investigate the garage, and they don't care about vandalism.

Please help!!!

moburkes

Help what? Your friend needs to contact a security system so that cameras can be installed. She also needs to contact her homeowner's insurance company.

CdwJava

Police response to reports of crime is a political issue. If your friend is not pleased with his agency's response, he can complain to the head olf the agency and to the city or county fathers.

Keep in mind that the police are not mandated to take these reports, and they do not have to take a report in person. Most vandalism reports go nowhere and showing up in person is a waste of time. What woudl showing up have done? Okay ... they could have seen the rocks and the damage. But none of that would solve the crime.

- Carl

Eekamouse

Your friend has no idea who is commiting these acts of vandalism or why? I could understand one act of vandalism as being a random thing but repeated acts makes you wonder what the reason for them are.

outonbail

Name a problem that guns can't solve.
Guns are an inanimate object, release one from your grip and they can do nothing but submit to the forces of gravity. It requires someone with a brain to handle and operate them safely.

Which obviously disqualifies anyone who embraces the opinion that guns can solve any problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">