• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal abuse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

buski2000

i am 63 yrs old,live in california..i had throat surgery 4 yrs ago due to throat cancer and cannot speak..my husband has become verbally abusive over the time and is now mostly daily,,evil bitch, crazy, says i probably got aids thats why im crazy.. and on and on..im frustated because i cant even answer back...its making me crazy and miserable..and he wont quit..is this legally abuse..could i get a restraining order..i dont know how much more i can take

B

barent

I am just a law student, but this is my opinion:

Verbal abuse still falls under the umbrella of abuse whether it be physical or non-physical. I would find a family member or close friend to assist you in obtaining legal counsel if seperation is the next step you would like to take. It is possible to get a restraining order on the grounds of harrassment as well, talk with a lawyer in your area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">