• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to work law override the contract? Help PLEASE - TEXAS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nimos001

Texas

I work for contractor A but i'm out pretty much permenantly at Company B. I signed a contract with Contractor A saying i will not work for company B directly or indirectly for a period of 180 days since the signing date of the contract, else i pay 370 hours of my hourly rate(listed on the same contract).

Contractor A has really been screwing up. They forget to pay me, pay me the wrong rate, etc. I want to switch contractors but stay at the same company. Company A has no problem with this, because they don't care who bills them.

If i really do this, will i have to pay the 370 hours of my hourly rate to Contractor A?

The plot thickens slightly. The hourly rate on that contract is different than what we verbally agreed to. A day after signing it i realized this and told COntractor A. They are writing a new contract with the updated hourly rate. I have not signed it yet.

What should i do? even if i have to pay the 370 hours it is in my best interests to switch.

Thanks,
Nimos

p.s.
my contract says i have to give them 5 days notice before quitting. it doesnt list any penaltys or anything for not doing it. What happens if i dont?

This is all in texas.

I signed the original contract 2 days ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">