• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partial Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sksnell

I live in Ohio and there seems to be no one in my area who will answer my question without charging me a consultation fee. Any help is appreciated!

My previous landlady sent me a check for a partial refund of my security deposit and marked it "refund in full". I intend to take her to small claims court for the remainder. The words "refund in full" are what I'm confused about. If I accept the partial check, am I giving up my right to sue her for the remainder of my deposit?

HomeGuru

You've been talking to the wrong people.

The answer is no. Cash that check and sue for the balance. Oh just to make you feel good and L bad, cross out those words before cashing the check. Or better yet cross out the words "in full" and write in 'partial' so it states 'refund partial.'

Consultation fee $250.
Will you be paying by cash, check or charge?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">