• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hopefully the las question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrMcgee

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am filling out the probate packet the lawyer set me up with when he was adivising me for free(said since there is less than 150k in assets and family is in agreement of me being the administrator , that I wouldn't require one). I think that I read the law right that states basically since there wasn't a will, me and my sister will share the final assets 50/50 (no surviving spouse). After speaking about the situation with my sister and the fact she has been estranged for the last 8 years, she wants to sign over her rights to the estate since it was a known fact my father wanted me to have everything. How can we legally write this up and be in agreement so it doesn't look suspicious. Every place I look, I haven't been able to find law about that and I am sure it hasn't came up a lot.

I have not taken inventory yet, but I did have her sign off on the waiver to be administrator and the waiver to be notified of the inventory. I am just afraid that the courts will see it as being shady and I am trying to avoid that. The only problem I am having is that my sibling, being on the run from the law, doesn't want to appear in court or anything for fear of being arrested.(she is getting an attorney to help her turn herself in, but you know how that goes). I am just worried that either she can come back to bite me in the ass, or I mess up something and I get my rights taken away as an administrator

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">