• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disability discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lorettalo

I am living in Florida and I receive SSA disability due to mental and physiscal, I have a rare disease which kept me from working. I worked as a eligibility worker in the state of Virginia for 24 years until the doctors told me after having a stroke and other complications that I couldn't work.My husband and I were employed by our landlord and we didn't have to pay rent or utilities in place of the work we did.The landlord didn't pay us any wages.But what he wanted us to do was to keep time sheets of the hours we work, showing the wages that hourly pay. This was so the landlord would no how many hours and the hourly pay amount so then he could put it toward our rent and utilities.He didn't take out any taxs, and I didn't report it to SSA and he didn't pay minimal wages.The landlord stated in writing that he fired me because I was disabled. When I say in writing I mean he wrote it legally that he fired me because I was disabled and he in turn reported me to SSA and I had to be reevaluated ( I am still considered disabled) and allowed to work and receive income in which I didn't.
We are in court with him now concerning another matter dealing with the harrassement we are receiving from the landlord.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">