• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

other side fails to comply with notarized agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LizNorfolk

I allowed a "friend" of mine to live with me for 6 months. During that period of time, I helped him out financially. Months went by and he had not tried to repay me, but did agree to get a statement notarized stating that he owes me $1118 plus half of any bills incurred @ that address until the end of Dec. 2000. It also states that he will repay me at least $50/ week starting the first week of January 2001 until the total amount has been paid off.
Well, he has not tried to contact me since we moved out and has left no current phone number (although he has many ways to reach me).
My question is....should I take legal action now, or do I have to wait until this summer (once the total should have been paid)?
Would this case be appropriate for small claims court?

Thank you.
Elizabeth Scheessele

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">