• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it a crime to call 911

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Qtip

What is the name of your state? IN
Is it a crime to call 911 when you know you are not in any danger but just to get your kicks? And if so what would the charges be and the penalties. It's not me, I can guarantee you that.:)

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? IN
Is it a crime to call 911 when you know you are not in any danger but just to get your kicks? And if so what would the charges be and the penalties. It's not me, I can guarantee you that.:)
Expand on this...Do you mean calling and hanging up or reporting a non-exsistant crime or calling and asking the 911 operator if they have "King Arthur in a can"...?? What is it "not you" did or wants to do?

Just Blue

the second scenario.
Yes, OF course that would be illegal! The charge could be anything from Criminal Mischief on up...Depending on the circumstances. What if someone had genuine need for the police and they were responding to "not you" fake request...the charge may be different in that senero...

Stupid thing for "not you" to do! Someone could get killed because of that kind of foolishness!

Qtip

Yes, OF course that would be illegal! The charge could be anything from Criminal Mischief on up...Depending on the circumstances. What if someone had genuine need for the police and they were responding to "not you" fake request...the charge may be different in that senero...

Stupid thing for "not you" to do! Someone could get killed because of that kind of foolishness!
Really, it's not me. I am referrring to this woman who lured this not this bright person to come to her house, and then called 911 to get him in trouble. She collaborated with another woman to accomplish her goal. There is a lot of evidence to incriminate them both.

Just Blue

Really, it's not me. I am referrring to this woman who lured this not this bright person to come to her house, and then called 911 to get him in trouble. She collaborated with another woman to accomplish her goal. There is a lot of evidence to incriminate them both.

What kind of evidence?

CdwJava

9-1-1 calls are recorded. It is a crime to misuse 9-1-1. If your friend is not guilty, and he is charged, then he needs to speak to an attorney to see how best to present this so-called "evidence" of his innocence.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">