• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copy of Complaint

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blondblue212

What is the name of your state? NEW YORK

Hi,

I was charged with a misdemeanor in 1993 in Manhattan.
In order to fulfill a licensing requirement, my employer has asked me to provide a copy of the complaint.

I retained a copy of the summons (a.k.a. Desk Appearance Ticket) which lists the offense, but I'm thinking this is not the equivalent of a copy of the complaint.

Where may I obtain a copy of it?
I will need to get a Certificate of Disposition from the County Clerk...will I be able to obtain the complaint from the County Clerk as well?

Or, is this something the District Attorney's office provides?

Would appreciate hearing from anyone with knowledge of this. Thank you very much.

CdwJava

You might consider calling the court on Monday and asking them. Given the length of time that has passed, it is very likely they will not have the complaint any longer - at least not in a place or form where it can easily be accessed. You might have to settle for a letter from the court indicating that the record no longer exists in their files (we have to do those out here from time to time).

Since the criminal complaint is drafted by the District Attorney and signed by the police prior to being transmitted to court, it may be possible that the DA's office has a copy of the complaint. So, you might consider calling them as well. But, the same issues might apply regarding accessibility of the information.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">