• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

another cheating car dealer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ballmomof3

What is the name of your state? georgia
i bought a used car from a local "finance company" and two days later, every one of the sensor lights began to appear. I was willing to take care of the headlights that don't work, and the absence of windshield wipers myselft, but now it has gotten to be too much! i was told when i purchased the vehicle everything had been checked and fluids changed. come to find out, nothing had been done. i realize i should have checked this before hand, but it is the first car i have purchased without the help of a male and thought i handled it pretty well. guess not. do i have any recourse to make them fix this? i have only had the car now for 5 days. they say that since nothing is on the "Due Bill" they are not responsible. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

i bought a used car from a local "finance company" and two days later, every one of the sensor lights began to appear. I was willing to take care of the headlights that don't work, and the absence of windshield wipers myselft, but now it has gotten to be too much! i was told when i purchased the vehicle everything had been checked and fluids changed. come to find out, nothing had been done. i realize i should have checked this before hand, but it is the first car i have purchased without the help of a male and thought i handled it pretty well. guess not. do i have any recourse to make them fix this? i have only had the car now for 5 days. they say that since nothing is on the "Due Bill" they are not responsible. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!What is the name of your state?
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=340032

Didn't something similar happen to y'all last October?

my husband bought a car from a buy here pay here dealership. he traded his car in plus a 600.00 down payment. the dealership turned around and sold his trade in the next day before verifying the title. the title had a lien on it for 2900.00 that we didn't know about before trading it. when they informed us, we immediately returned the purchased car and retrieved the trade in. the trade in is in worse shape than when we left it, not even driveable now, and they refuse to return our 600.00 down payment. the dealership owner says we breached the contract by not keeping the original car. he also says he won't give the money back, but we can add more cash to the original down payment and purchase another car. can he do this? aren't we entitled to our money back? everyone got their property back, so it should be only fair, right? please help. thanks:confused:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
They could have checked everything and it would have turned up fine. It was fine for you for two days... :rolleyes:
You need to have a mechanic check a vehicle out before you purchase it.

Enjoy your car!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">